As the end of life for Informatica PowerCenter (PWC) draws near, your organization is likely planning a conversion to Informatica In the Cloud Services (IICS). Your current code is contained in Informatica PWC, so is your immediate next step to convert to the new IICS platform?
Possibly, but why not utilize the budget you’ve obtained for a mandatory project to actually improve your data provisioning architecture and avoid a highly intrusive conversion process?
It’s easy to believe the conversion solution offered to you by a trusted vendor is the next right step, but taking this opportunity to evaluate other options could provide immediate cost savings and position you for significant future benefits.
Wyntec has a proven, modernized approach that has been utilized by progressive, data-driven organizations to lift, modernize and shift their Informatica Platform from PWC to the Cloud. If your goal is to optimize your Data Integration Services, some combination of IICS and other services must be considered during this migration exercise.
Some components of your data integration platform likely provide little value to your organization and should be evaluated and possibly replaced during the migration process. Here are some of the options provided by Wyntec’s modular services that you should consider as you modernize your code-based Informatica platform:
- Mine your metadata with Wyntec’s subscription-based Information Governance service. Huge benefits can be obtained from active impact analysis, data lineage and operational statistics reporting. We automatically extract the metadata that is captured in your current PWC and/or IICS code that your non-technical resources are not able to read and store it in an easily queryable metadata tool. Additionally, our revolutionary services will automatically extract technical metadata from your analytical repositories, read operational information from your scheduling and system logs, and produce a graphical road map that provides valuable insights regarding your data integration platform.
- Leverage the cloud or hybrid cloud architecture with an elastic and scalable federated framework that manages your data integration across scalable services. We move your complex Informatica code to SQL-based transformations that truly leverage the elastic cloud services. Our unique MetaInsights Service will automatically read your Informatica mappings and translate the complex Extract/Transform/Load (ETL) logic into a visual representation. We then dynamically generate SQL that will run on any platform and load any repository. This flexibility does not exist in the Informatica platform.
- Replace your expensive point-to-point data acquisition and data submission mappings with Wyntec’s code-less and highly flexible service that moves and models data at lightning-fast speed. No value is obtained by maintaining handwritten point-to-point code that is slow to develop and expensive to maintain.
- Minimize your expensive Informatica license fees by moving to our usage-based subscription services. We also offer 24/7/365 monitoring and delivery-based DataOps support that scales to your budget.
- Eliminate your complex, code-based design and move to our pre-built model-driven framework. We wrap design patterns around your SQL logic to enforce consistency and accelerate development speed.
- Minimize the need to staff your data integration team with increasingly scarce and unaffordable Informatica developers. Move to a team of SQL developers that can quickly deploy solutions at a fraction of the cost.
- Provide self-service capabilities that allow your subject matter experts to develop their own transformed objects. Our solution eliminates the need for complex Informatica mappings that only ETL developers can understand.